Conflicts are inevitable in a person’s day-to-day life. And when they happen, the idea is not to try to prevent them but rather to resolve and manage them in an effective manner. When people use the appropriate tools of resolution to address issues, they will be able to keep their differences from rising to major problems.
We understand that sometimes, the conflict has reached a point where a productive individual conversation is no longer possible. At this point, Vector U can help you and your organization by becoming a neutral 3rd party mediator that will allow for the conflict to come to a level of resolution where colleagues can continue working and collaborating together. Mediation is a completely confidential process and the Mediated Settlement Agreement coming from this exchange can be the final step to moving forward as an organization.
Tools for growth
We use the Thomas Kilmann conflict mode Instrument (TKI® assessment) as a catalyst to open discussions on difficult issues and facilitate learning about how conflict-handling modes affect the personal, group, and organizational dynamics. The instrument helps people understand how using different conflict management styles affects interpersonal and group dynamics, empowering them to choose the best approach for any situation.
The TKI assessment provides insight into an individual’s typical response to conflict situations using one or more of five conflict-handling modes, or styles: competing, accommodating, avoiding, collaborating, and compromising. These modes reflect varying levels of assertiveness and cooperation. By identifying alternative conflict resolution styles and how and when to use them most effectively, the TKI assessment helps people reframe and defuse conflict, creating more productive outcomes.
- Team building—The TKI assessment’s simple and effective conflict resolution model improves team functioning, helping members work together more effectively.
- Leadership development—The TKI assessment’s insights enhance leaders’ conflict management skills and ability to reconcile differences.
- Performance improvement—The TKI assessment helps eliminate barriers to success in the workplace.
- Stress reduction—The TKI assessment gives employees the capacity and tools to remove a common cause of work-related stress.
- Retention—With the means to address conflict effectively, employee morale and success improve, enabling you to build a stronger organization and retain the best talent.